I wouldn't want to leave Wy-Guy out, so here's a quick Wyatt story from a week or two ago. The kids and I were in the car driving in town. We were experiencing about the closest thing we get to stop-and-go traffic around here when all of a sudden Wyatt yells from the back, "Knock it off, Mom! Either go fast or go slow." Ahhh, I just love my back seat drivers. Wyatt has really clung to that phrase - knock it off. It cracks me up to hear him telling Blake, the dogs (you name it) to "knock it off." Funny boy.
Blake started kindergarten this week, so we decided to start a new first-day-of-school tradition (not original idea, by the way...I heard of another family who did this, and I thought it was a cool idea): Ice cream for breakfast. Don't worry, I made them muffins to go with it. The kids thought that it was really cool.
Ms. Serious posing for a first day of school picture for me. She's definitely a Brune.
posing with her brother, too
After we got done taking pictures, Blake was exasperated and said, "I know, I know, Mom. Put my backpack in the blue rectangle and play until the bell rings. Then, line up on the blue line. I got it. Can I go play now?! I need to find Kenzington and ask Carson who his teacher is." At this point, Wyatt realized that he wasn't getting to stay, so he was in hysterics about that. So, I left my big girl to do her thang while dragging Wy-Guy off the playground as he's screaming, "want play" and "need Blake". BUT I did find out from another mom after school, that Blake kind of freaked out when the bell rang and a bunch of parents swarmed the lines of children to give their first school goodbyes. Maybe she's not as confident as she puts on, but she made it to the correct line and now has the morning routine down pat.When we got home from dropping Blake off at school, a friend of mine brought two of her kiddos over to play. I could not resist posting this pic of Wyatt & Tyce playing with the wagon. They were quite the buddies that day, and Tyce saved me from the wrath of Wyatt - definitely a good distraction.
Little Miss Blake is all about picking out her own clothes for school. Oh Lord, help me. She's even got her own modeling poses. YIKES!
On the second day of school, I got a call towards the end of the school day saying that Blake was sick, and I needed to pick her up. Poor Wy-Guy was sleeping, so I had to wake him up and go get Blake. As soon as we got home, Blake was all chipper and wanted to watch cartoons and have a snack. Ugh! So, Blake spent the rest of the evening resting in bed or on the bean bag with no snacks and no TV. After that little experience, she's told me several times that she will never be sick at school again ;)
One final Wyatt story: Yesterday I told Wyatt that if he went poopy on the potty, I would give him ice cream. I later found him sitting on the toilet whispering, "I can do it. I can do it." Hilarious! But, I gotta give him credit. He did it! Well, he got half in his underwear and half in the toilet - a start, at least. BIG NEWS, though. As I started to upload pictures for this blog post, Wyatt came and got me saying he had to go to the potty. So, I took him in, and he pooped on the potty!!! Hey, that's seriously a big deal...to me, anyway. I HATE cleaning up those type of messes - yuck. I'm sure we still have a little ways to go to finish up the potty training, but he's been doing really well. Other than the half poop incident yesterday, he's gone one and a half days with no accidents. I cannot wait to be freed from the diaper/underwear/dirty britches washing routine.
Happy Labor Day weekend to you all!


No comments:
Post a Comment