I thought it would be fun to interview the kids before each school year and record their answers here on the blog. Hopefully, it'll be a fun little tradition. I had a notepad with the questions on it, and then I read them off to Blake and wrote down her answers. Well, here goes. Anything in parenthesis is my explanation of what Blake is saying or referring to. Here's Blake's kindergarten interview:
Me: What's your favorite color?
Blake: Red
Me: What's your favorite movie?
Blake: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Me: What's your favorite song?
Blake: Twinkle Little Star
Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Blake: Artist. Because I'm being good at not scribbling, but I'll use paint. It's a good thing I'm taking paint to my school, so I can paint things.
Me: What most excites you about kindergarten?
Blake: Get to play with kids. I'm smart at doing this (answering these questions), am I?
Me: What are you most nervous about?
Blake: That I'm going to miss you. That's not a good one (answer), is it?
Me: No, I think it's a pretty good one.
Me: What are you most proud of so far in your life?
Blake: I'm proud of seeing the dolphins when we went to Shelly's world (not sure how it became your "world", Shell...don't let that get to your head) and seeing the sharks at the aquarium with Collier.
Me: What new things do you want to learn in kindergarten?
Blake: To color (draw) alligators, sharks and dolphins and ponies. Sometimes I don't really know because I draw straight lines and they look more like robots than ponies. Can I color?
Me: What else do you think you'll learn in kindergarten?
Blake: Drawing & coloring and learning stuff. Is that what I'm going to do in kindergarten? But, did you know that I like red and blue and dark pink? Can you ask me what my favorite food is?
Me: OK, what's your favorite food?
Blake: Two kinds. Mac n cheese and chicken nuggets. Write that down there. Make sure you put down mac n cheese and chicken nuggets. (Insert sing songy chant of "mac n cheese and chicken nuggets" here).
Me: What was your favorite thing about preschool?
Blake: Playing. Well, there's two options, and singing. Like the butterfly song and the apple song. Let's sing the apple song. Can I have a blue marker?
Me: What is your favorite toy?
Blake: My Little Pony set
Blake: Mom, why do you keep laughing?
Me: Because you are pretty entertaining, Blake.
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment