Saturday, August 24, 2013

Penny For Your Thoughts

Well shortly after her fifth birthday, Blake swallowed a penny.  She was lucky not to choke on it, but I ended up having to examine her stools to make sure that it came out.  Awesome.  Thankfully, the treasure hunt ended after only a few days.  Let's just hope not to have to go through that again - ICK!  In more pleasant news, our new furniture arrived around that same time.  Here's my goofballs pretending to relax.  Don't let them fool you, they rarely relax ;)
Daddy enjoying a little quiet time on the massive bean bag while the kiddos watch some cartoons one morning.
We decided to let the kids stay up late last week to see the blue moon.  Well in our case, it was more like an orange moon.  We have a few wild fires burning in the area, so we have had some pretty spectacular reddish, pinkish, orangish colors in the night sky.  Of course, you can't really see the color very well in the picture.  Oh well!
One corner of the kids' closet has a weird sort of shelf/storage formation.  Last week, I decided to turn it into a reading nook.  The kids love it!
They especially love hanging another blanket to make it more like a reading nook with a fort feel.  I just love the feet sticking out!
One morning while I was doing dishes, I caught Blake looking at herself making funny faces in the reflection off the pans.  What a goofus!
Blake has been very interested in what it takes to care for the dogs lately.  She's been asking about what we have to do to keep them healthy and likes to help me feed, water and give them attention.  Here's Maddie getting some morning lovins from Blake & Wyatt.
Poor Wy-Guy is going through detox right now.  I finally took away his bas (pacifiers).  I was going to do it this summer, but with the surgery and all, it just didn't seem like a good time.  He's been getting a little too attached to them lately.  He used to just use it for nap and bedtime.  But when he started to ask for it during they day, I realized it was time to quit cold turkey.  Here's my little addict...a bit ticked off after his first day with no ba.
It was so sad, but also kind of funny the first day without his ba.  He kept whining and pleading with me, "But momma, I NEED it!!!  Me need mines ba!"  Poor boy!  He's doing alright, though.  We're on our third or fourth night without it, so I think he'll pull through.

No comments: