Friday, October 4, 2013

ZOOtoberfest

We've kept ourselves pretty busy with work, school and watching football lately.  Wyatt seems to be enjoying his alone time while Blake is at school, and I have noticed that I feel like I have a little more time to get house chores done.  Here's Blake & Wyatt playing with a bean bag toss game one afternoon after school.
Wyatt & I went to Blake's school one day to eat lunch with her.  We got there a little early, so Wy had fun playing with some of the big kid toys :)
We have already had some pretty chilly mornings.  One morning while I was cooking the kids' breakfast, Wyatt came running into the kitchen exclaiming, "LOOK my painting!"  I was a little worried at first, but this is what he was "painting" on.  Of course, Blake had to join in too.
Blake has been doing really well reading her "Sam books" (these beginning reader books my mom bought for her quite a while ago), and she gets a little treat after reading every 4th book.  Well, one of her bigger treats (after reading 20 books) was to get to go to the zoo.  It just so happened that the zoo was having their ZOOtoberfest event that same weekend, so we made it a family morning at the zoo.  Here's the kiddos showing off their tattoos that they got from one of the vendors there.
 Wy & Daddy looking at the bald eagles
Blake, again, showing off the tattoo and her new bracelet she got at one of the booths.
 Blake & Wy-Guy sitting still on a bench together (rare moment)
 One tired guy!
We also got to visit with Great-Grandma DeCoteau and Grandpa DeCoteau this past month, so I FINALLY remembered to get the camera out and take some pics.  Here's Grandma DeCoteau & Blake.
Wyatt, Grandpa DeCoteau, Great-Grandma DeCoteau & Blake
Blake has really been enjoying kindergarten.  So much so that she often comes home from school and immediately begins playing school.  She loves reading, coloring, drawing and writing.  In fact, she decided to write her name on the hood (and side) of my car with a rock one day.  UGH!!!
 
Wy-Guy still keeps me on my toes, too.  And, he's quite the character.  Just the other day, Blake stubbed her toe on a kitchen chair.  Wyatt (in a very sweet and concerned voice) says, "Awww...Blake, that chair jump out and hit you?"  I have a feeling this was one of his first attempts at sarcasm, but it would be nice if he was really that genuinely concerned about his sister.
 
My last Wyatt story of the post:
 
Me (helping Wyatt get his pj top on):  I need your arm.
Wyatt:  Arrrm, Matey.  (He then grabs one of Blake's bracelets and puts it over his eye like an eye patch.)  Arrrm, Matey!  Where's your treasure?!
 
Gotta love my goofy boy.  Hope all is well with everyone.  Happy Fall!

No comments: