Sunday, August 11, 2013

Aliens & Wally in North Dakota

We usually get the chance about once a year to go visit Uncle Gene & Aunt JoAnn in Garrison, North Dakota.  This year we also got to meet up with Uncle Louis & Aunt Jeannie (from North Carolina), Aunt Joyce, Grandpa DeCoteau and Grandma DeCoteau, as well as Bob's cousin, Patrick, and his kiddos, Taylor and Jackson.  It was so great to get to see everyone.  Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the kiddos with any of the adults...ugh!  My camera broke, so I was pretty much relying on my iPhone.  Anyway, I'll get right to the pics.  Here's Wyatt just hanging out at our house before we left on our trip.  That's just how he rolls ;)
Blake & Wy had a blast getting to hang out with Taylor & Jackson.  They would be second cousins, I think.  Anyway, all the kids were so well behaved the whole time we were there.  It was a really nice break for me not to have to entertain the wee ones the entire time.  They spent quite a few evenings snuggled up together watching movies.
Blake trying out the mask that Patrick and the kids brought.
The guys got to do quite a bit of fishing at Lake Sakakawea.  Wyatt kept saying, "Dat. Big Fish. Daddy caught."
Gene & JoAnn had a badminton net setup in their yard, and the kids enjoyed getting to try the sport for the first time.  As you can see, Wyatt was in his own world most of the time :)
 Wyatt taking a turn on the bouncy horse in the basement.
One day, I decided to take all the kids into Bismarck to go see the movie Turbo.  We ended up stopping for lunch after the movie at Space Aliens.  Space Aliens is kind of like a Chuck E Cheese's with a space theme, but the food is WAY better.  We all had a good time eating some especially delicious fries and playing games.
Poor Jackson was wedged between the kids' car seats for the trip.  He was quite the trooper.  Of course on the way home, they all crashed!
Bob and Wyatt went for a walk one day, and they came back with several little frogs.  Here's Wy-Guy watching them in the bird bath.
I picked up some Socker Boppers at Walmart when we were in Bismarck.  I think I had more fun with these than the kids.  Every time Wyatt would start to get cranky, I would just knock him around with the boppers a few times until he'd start giggling - good stress relief for Mom ;)
Blake was finally tall enough this year to try out the pool table.  Maybe some day she'll be as good as her daddy.
Gene & JoAnn also had a lot of fun outdoor activities for the kids.  There was a dart board and even a swing in the trees outside.  Here's a pic of the kids trying out the dart board.  I didn't get any pics of the kids on the swings, but that was a big hit, as well.  My kids love to swing.
One morning, Jackson went fishing with his dad, and I took Taylor, Blake & Wyatt to down town Garrison to see Wally the Walleye.  I'm not too sure that the kids were all that impressed, but I thought it was hilarious.  They were actually watering the flowers in front when we showed up, so Taylor was nice enough to kink the hose for a quick picture.  You can see her sitting in the grass in the background.  Wyatt was cracking me up because he kept telling me that Daddy caught that fish and put it up there.
It was lunch time when we were in town, so we stopped by Ye Olde Malt Shoppe for some lunch and ice cream.  Wyatt thoroughly enjoyed his chocolate ice cream, but I'm pretty sure that shirt is now ruined.
And, I'll finish it off with a cute pic of Wyatt reading his shark book before bed one evening.
Overall, we had a great time, and the kids really enjoyed getting to play with Jackson and Taylor.

No comments: