Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pee Pee for Popsicles

Well, I was fearing that our return to reality after spending two months at Grandma & Grampy's might be a bit of a buzz kill for the kiddos, so I've been trying to keep them busy.  So far it has seemed to work.  I haven't fielded as many complaints as I expected from the kids.  One morning we built a Cinderella castle (thanks to the free printables at DisneyJr.com).
We have been in desperate need of a new couch for quite some time now.  So, we finally went furniture shopping.  Here's what the kids fell in love with.
And lucky for them, Daddy managed to talk the salesman into adding it on to the furniture we picked out, at an extremely discounted price - score one for Daddy.  I'm not too sure they would have sold it anyway with Wyatt's drool all over it ;)

Blake has been staying busy with swim lessons.  She is definitely our little fish.  She loves to swim.  So of course, we got our little pool set up at home for the kids to enjoy.  Here's my little goof balls pretending to be pirates.  Argh, matey!
A good friend of mine from college came over one afternoon with her three kiddos.  Everyone had a blast eating pizza, swimming and watching some toons.
We even managed to get all five of them on the ginormous bean bag thingy at the same time - silly faces in the front.
And to finish off the first couple weeks back home, the kids got sick.  Poor Wy-Guy was down for a few days and then it was Blake's turn for a few days.  Thankfully, we are all healthy and continuing to stay busy.
Speaking of, I decided to start potty training Wyatt since we were house bound while Blake was sick.  One of the first times he was on the potty (after just asking for a Popsicle for breakfast - and being denied), I told him that he could have a Popsicle if he pee-peed on the potty.  He immediately squeezed out a few drops, jumped off the toilet and ran to the freezer.  Hmmm...I think I've been duped, again.  So needless to say, he has done really well and continues to squeeze out any little bit for a Popsicle.  Don't worry, we've now moved on to Popsicles only a few times a day when he doesn't have any accidents in between.  He only had one accident all day yesterday, and we even drove into Billings for Blake's swim lesson.  WOO-HOO!!!  Hopefully, he'll keep up this pace and be done in no time.  But I remember all too well with Blake how she would do great, and then seem to completely forget what a toilet was.  So, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high.  Funny story, though:  when Wyatt first peed on the potty, he was watching it.  He looked up and exclaimed, "My button peed!"  It came out of nowhere.  I do not know when he decided to refer to his penis as "button", but button it is - HILARIOUS!!!

No comments: