My cool kids
Blake showing off her very first hair wrap, complete with butterfly charm. Since we already had the embroidery floss from making friendship bracelets (previous post), I went ahead and did a little hair wrap for Blake. She picked out her own colors.While out for a walk around Grandma & Grampy's neighborhood, Blake was swinging around a street sign pole. Of course, she stopped to pose.
We were able to meet up with Chris, Katie & Collier at the Oklahoma Aquarium in Tulsa. Here's Blake & Collier goofing off in front of the alligator statue.
Wy-Guy checking out the fish
Cute cousin pic - it's hard to get these 3 in the same photo!
Wyatt LOVED the touch tanks!
Trying to get a better view of the shrimp. Wyatt kept telling me, "Me eat them."
One morning Grandma took Blake to swim lessons, so Wyatt and I got to hang out at the "orange park" in Ponca. That park has some of the same play structures that I played on when I was little. Here's Wy in one of the cement tubes by the train toy.Ginny and Blake found a common bond in flamingos, so Ginny brought over a flamingo/party in a bag for the kids. They had a blast.
My 'dillo' hunters (see below)
While the kiddos were having their party in the back yard, we spotted a couple "stupid dillos (armadillos)" that had been tearing up Grandma & Grampy's back yard, hence the "stupid" part. The kids armed themselves with their water squirters (or "water squirrels" according to Grampy - he may need new glasses) and went on a hunt to squirt those stupid dillos. Grampy was acting as a guide on this particular hunt.I actually managed to get a picture of one of the little buggers. I think that is the first time that I have ever seen an armadillo alive and not in captivity.

No comments:
Post a Comment