Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Oklahoma Fun

We have had a blast getting to hang out at Grandma & Grampy's for so long this summer.  It has been a fun-filled adventure for sure.  Grandma & Grampy took us out to a fly-in breakfast out at the local airport one weekend to see the small planes fly in and out.  The kids were also able to walk out in front of the hangars to see the planes that were parked there.  One pilot just happened to be getting ready to take off as we walked by his plane.  He told Blake to watch him take off and wave at him, and he would wave back.  When the little plane finally got up in the air, Blake waved as he flew by and he "waved" back by tilting the plane's wings back and forth.  The kids were thoroughly impressed.  But, I'm guessing my parents' neighbors were probably a little less impressed with the fact that Grandma gave the kids whistles.  And, they can blow those things VERY loud.  Here's Wy-Guy multitasking - picking his nose and blowing his whistle.
We also hit up the Herb Festival.  Blake got to plant her own flower and get her face painted.  Blake also thought it would be funny to buy this little flamingo lawn ornament, whose wings spun in the wind, and put it in the Galbraith's (some of my parents' neighbors) flower bed on the walk home.  She kept giggling about how she was "playing a trick" on Ginny.  What a funny girl.  Here she is posing with her face paint and flower.
 Wyatt LOVES driving.  In fact, he often says to me, "Get in back.  Me driver."
The kids have also had a blast playing in the little pool that we set up in Grandma & Grampy's driveway.
Cousin Collier even got to come hang out with us for a few days in Ponca.  The kiddos had so much fun.  Here are the girls relaxing in the pool.
Grandma even busted out the old Shrinky Dinks.  It's something I used to love to do when I was little.  You color these clear-looking pieces of plastic and then you bake them to make little charms for bracelets, necklaces, whatever.  Anyway, the kids were super impressed and just had to watch them shrink in the oven.
 Wyatt hanging out in Grampy's shoes
 Grandma & the kiddos exploring the docks out at Lake Ponca
 Silly faces
 Feeding the ducks out by Lake Ponca
 Collier just hanging in the swing :)
Since I still wasn't able to be too incredibly active, I helped the girls make friendship bracelets one day and then I also painted their faces another day.  I made them both pose for a picture with me...don't they look thrilled?!
The girls weren't too excited about taking pictures, so I asked them to try to photo bomb each other's picture.  For instance, I would try to take a pic of Collier and Blake would jump in front of the camera...
...or I would try to take a picture of Blake, and Collier would jump in front of the camera.  At least I ended up with a couple cute pics of smiley, face-painted girls :)
Wyatt was napping while I painted the girls' faces.  So when he woke up, he got his turn, too.  He was pretty ticked off when Grandma washed his face off before bedtime.  He was really digging his "Man face".
And now, I'll leave you with a couple quotes from the kids from sometime in the past few weeks.  First off, one night Wyatt looked at Grampy and said, "Just set that bee-ber (beer) down.  Me drink it."  And another morning, Blake randomly proclaimed, "I don't do ballet.  I'm a rock star!"  These kids crack me up.  Still more Oklahoma pics to come, but we're getting closer to being caught up :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love these stories - keep them coming :-)