I'm going to start this post off with a few quick stories from November and December:
One evening I was cooking dinner. While boiling some water on the stove, I accidentally splashed myself with a little bit of the water (for the second time in a short period). I yelled, "Son of a gun!!!" Blake asked, "Are you ok?" Me: "Yeah, I just keep burning myself." Blake: "Well, I think we're just going to have to have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner tomorrow." She's got her father's sense of humor.
Most mornings Blake and I talk about our dreams from the night before. Hers one day: "Mom, I had a dream that Santa brought me a Brave toy! But, I didn't get to play with it because it got out of my head. Maybe I can dream about it again tonight and play with it."
Blake was enthusiastically telling me the story of Baby Jesus one day as I picked her up from preschool...quizzing, in fact. "Mom, there was Mary & Joseph and who else? J-j (giving me a hint)." "Jesus," I say. She replied, "Yep, and he was a cute little guy." Don't think I ever learned that last part :)
Blake has a bad habit of waking me up way too early in the mornings, so I setup a clock/night light for her that turns from yellow to green when it's ok to get out of bed. The first morning we used it she yells, "It's green!" and got up. It was still too early, though. After further investigation, I found that she had changed the time to make it turn green early. The good news is that after I told her she could not mess with the controls on the back, she hasn't done it since. I think she's going to be my rule-follower. Now, on to the pics...
Wyatt LOVES his daddy's barbecued ribs!!!
I made an Advent calendar for the kids this year. I filled the days mostly with activities and a few treats. We had a ton of fun with it. Here are some pics from a few of the activities...
Making paper snowflakes
Making/decorating Dr. Pepper bottle Christmas trees
Decorating cheese cake squares
Watching Wreck It Ralph at the movie theatre with Daddy
Eating (or decorating) Rice Krispie Christmas trees
Visiting Santa at Cabela's
BUSTED!!! Wyatt trying to get some candy for breakfast after I told him no to fruit snacks.
A cute pic of the kids watching cartoons together
Blake has been working on writing her letters and even doing some spelling. Here are the Christmas cards to her teachers that she wrote all by herself. I did help her with the spelling ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment