Just before Wyatt's second birthday, he moved in to a big boy bed. I made him two Cars fitted sheets and pillow cases. Here's the big man posing in his new bed.
Wyatt has done pretty well adjusting to the new sleeping situation, but one morning I found that he must have fallen out of bed. At least he landed on the bean bag. He looks pretty comfy.One day the kids decided they wanted to build a train track and play trains. Blake actually put most of the track together herself. I just helped her fit in a few pieces here and there when she got frustrated. Here's her masterpiece:
Blake and Wy playing trains together.
and just Blake
Wyatt's second birthday was on the 20th, and look what he got for his birthday!
Wyatt ripping into a present
Wyatt's birthday spread
I made him mini-cupcakes for his birthday. The decorating was a little on the less-than-perfect side, but they were yummy!Wyatt got a couple little Nerf-like dart guns for his birthday, too. He is a wild man with these things, but both kids had a ton of fun shooting at the wall.
In fact, Wyatt shot one of the darts and it suction cupped to the wall up out of reach. Wyatt was so excited that he finally got one to stick to the wall, not caring that he was going to have to wait for it to fall to be able to use it again. Blake just looked at him and says dryly, "Nice shot, Genius." Oh man, these two are going to keep my hands full for many years to come, I suspect.
After the birthday festivities, Blake and Wyatt finally got settled down in bed and immediately Wyatt started whining. At first, I just thought he'd just had too much sugar, fun, etc. But, we quickly realized that his right ear was really bothering him. He went from laughing and giggling to kicking and screaming in no time flat. Bob stayed at home with Blake while I took Wyatt to the ER at around 11 pm. Wyatt screamed the whole way to the hospital (in Billings - about a 25 minute drive), and he was none too happy to be waiting on a doctor in the ER. He kept opening the door of the room we were in and would scream out into the hallway, "Get medicine! GO HOME!!!" He was pretty ticked off, and he is so strong that I really couldn't hold him. When the doctor finally saw him, he confirmed that it was an ear infection and gave me the prescriptions. The nurse then came in to give him some medicine for the pain. As soon as he heard her say she had medicine for him, he sat right next to her and gulped it down with no problem. THEN, the little maniac did a 180 in about 15 minutes. He went from completely miserable to bouncing off the walls. I filled his prescriptions at the hospital pharmacy, and he was running up and down the hallways making new friends every where. Ahhhh...KIDS!!! Needless to say, the ride home was much more peaceful. What a crazy (and exhausting) birthday?!
Well, Wyatt is finally done with his antibiotics and seems fine. I have been battling some sort of urinary tract infection since the end of October, so I haven't been feeling the greatest as of late and am headed to yet another specialist next week. Here's hoping he can help me figure it out. I swear, I have seen more doctors in the last two years than I thought I'd have to see in my entire life. Anyway, I'm hoping to get Wyatt's birthday video finished and posted soon. No promises, though. Hope all is well with everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment