I'll go ahead and apologize for the quality of a few of the pics in this post. Several of these were taken off of my iPhone, and I don't always get the best quality pics. Anyway, here's a cute pic of Wyatt and Blake hanging out in Blake's bed enjoying a snack together.
This is definitely NOT the best quality pic, but it was just too hilarious not to post. Wy-guy still has a fascination with shoving things down the front of his diaper. He's usually pretty stealth, so I've been having a hard time getting it on film so to speak. BUSTED!!!And another crappy quality picture, but I don't get in the photos too often. So, I had to post this one as well. We were cuddling on the couch reading books one night when Daddy was gone. Don't we look like such a happy bunch?!
Blake has really taken an interest in learning her letters, learning how to spell and learning how to read. She got a LeapPad2 for her birthday this summer, and she really likes to play this one game where you have to trace the letters of the alphabet. She is doing really well writing and recognizing the letters and their sounds. Since preschool started, she has been learning how to write her name. She can actually spell everyone in the family's name. It's hilarious to hear her recite it. She says, "B-L-A-K-E. Blake. W-Y-A-T-T. Wyatt. B-O-B. That's you (pointing to Dad). And M-O-M, that's Mom." Here's a sheet she brought home from preschool to start practicing writing her name.
Blake also has a color of the month at preschool every month. October is orange month, and last Friday was orange day. The kids are supposed to wear something orange to school. Wyatt often gets to participate, too...mainly because he just HAS to do everything that Blake does. In fact, I often have to carry him out of the preschool kicking and screaming because he wants to stay with all the kids. Here's my two little goobers sporting their orange.
As I previously mentioned, Blake has really taken an interest in her letters, reading and writing. I started having her try to read these beginner reader books last summer. They are actually the same set of books that I used to learn how to read when I was little. Blake is doing really well. We setup a chart so that every time she reads four new books she gets a treat. She picked out all the treats when we made the chart. Well last week, she reached her second treat on the chart, so she got to get an ice cream cone at McDonald's. Wyatt got one by default...he just happened to be with us ;) I think he enjoyed his first ever ice cream cone.
It's been pretty cold here, and we've had several snow flurries the last week. I guess all this wintry weather has put me in the Christmas spirit. I wanted to make an advent calendar for the kids this year, and I finally got it all finished. I used a mini muffin pan, and all the decorations are magnetic. So, I can still use my mini muffin pan in the off season. Sorry, I just had to show off my craftiness.
the inside
OK back to October, I decided to have the kids make their own trick-or-treating bags this year. I had two brown paper bags with handles from the Olive Garden. So, I painted over the Olive Garden logo with orange paint and then painted the kids' names over that in black. The rest was up to them. Here's Blake taking a quick break from her popcorn and decorating to give me a smile.Wyatt actually seemed to have a pretty good time decorating his, too. Of course, that was probably just because Blake was doing it. Here's Wy-Guy concentrating on his project.
such a little poser
Wyatt has a couple new fascinations with "Pooh". First of all, Wyatt has been announcing for quite some time when he's literally going poop. He's even gone poop on the potty once at his own request. But most of the time, he asks to sit on the potty and does nothing. Or he starts grunting and then points to his bottom and says, "POOP!" The other day we were FaceTiming with Grandma & Grampy and Wyatt started to shove things down the front of his diaper. I was telling my mom and dad how I am constantly finding new things in his diaper during diaper changes. Wyatt in the background piped up and said, "yeah...poop!" As if to make sure that they knew that I also find poop in his diaper. Such a boy!!! Secondly, Wyatt has a new fascination with Winnie the Pooh. If the kids get to watch cartoons, he begs to watch Pooh. He's learned most of the names of the characters. It's pretty funny to listen to him say the names. Here's a little video of Wyatt naming the Winnie the Pooh characters.
OK...well...blogger is being a pain and is not uploading my video. So, I'll try to post it another way. Hopefully, the post above this one will have the video. Fingers crossed...


No comments:
Post a Comment