We recently got to head out to a local pumpkin patch for another of Blake's school field trips. It was a lot of fun. We got to take a hay ride to a corn maze. Once we successfully navigated the corn maze, it dumped us out into the pumpkin patch where the kids got to pick out a pumpkin and then take a hay ride back to the beginning. Here's Blake all ready to head out.
Poor Wyatt kept getting his feet all tangled up in the pumpkin vines. Every time he got caught up he would just stand there and start screaming...lovely.
Blake posing with her pumpkin
Wyatt posing with his.
Blakeman
Wyatt wasn't quite tall enough to look through the mask.
Blake, the scarecrow
We had decided to get new counter tops in our kitchen back in July. We FINALLY got everything installed last week. The previous counter tops were that old white with gold flecks in it, and it honestly looked really bad. Here are the "before" pics.
And, here are the "after" pics. My parents gave us their old sink, and we bought a new faucet. Because the drains of the new sink fell in a different place than the old one, I had to completely re-plumb everything from the p-trap up! But, I did it!!! I was so happy not to have to call a plumber to do it, and Bob was out of town. So, I'll keep my fingers crossed that we stay leak free.
Our portable dishwasher was able to convert to under the counter, so we bought the conversion kit and did that part ourselves. We did have Sears come out and install it for us since that's where we bought the dishwasher.
I'm thinking I need to paint the kitchen a different color now, and we still have that NASTY green carpet in there...but, we've got a good start.

No comments:
Post a Comment