ZooMontana has an event every October called Boo at the Zoo. It's a pretty neat little setup for kids to go trick-or-treating at the zoo, do a scavenger hunt and play some games. So, we dressed the kids up yesterday and headed out to the zoo. Blake wanted to wear her witch costume from 2 years ago. No kidding!!! It's been hanging in her closet since October 2010, and she decided she wanted to wear it again. Thank goodness it still fit! Here's our cute little witch.
I had to post a picture of that same (much smaller) witch from October 2010. My has she grown?!
Grandma & Grampy bought the kids some pool rings last summer. You know, the rings that you throw in the pool and then retrieve off the bottom. Well, Wyatt loves to wear them on his head. So, I got to thinking...dangerous, I know. And, I came up with this costume for Wy-Guy. Presenting Mr. Julius Caesar himself...and yeah, he wasn't too pumped to take pictures before heading out to the zoo.But, at least Wyatt managed a good fake "cheese" for me so I could get a picture of the kids together.
Blake decorating a pumpkin at one of the booths at the zoo.
Wyatt with his witch's hat cookie. Now that is one happy Caesar!
Wyatt refused to let us carry his trick-or-treat bag for him. He was dragging it all over the zoo. Needless to say, he eventually blew it out. But, it pretty much served it's purpose.Blake and Wyatt checking out the bald eagle exhibit. Wyatt didn't want to leave. He kept cocking and turning his head like the eagles were, and he kept yelling at them, "SKY!" He kept pointing up as he was yelling like he wanted them to fly. He didn't quite get the idea that these two can't fly.
Another pic of the witch and Caesar...he's still working on that cookie.
As soon as we got home from the zoo, it started snowing. So, we managed pretty good timing on that one. Blake will get to go trick-or-treating again at preschool on Wednesday, but I don't think we're going to take the kids out on Halloween night. I seem to have come down with an infection that originally felt quite a bit like a kidney infection (anyone remember who had a kidney infection LAST Halloween...yeah, what are the odds?!), but I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor. And, I'll likely have to go back in next week anyway. But, the antibiotics they gave me in the mean time seem to have started working a little as of this morning...so hopefully, I won't require an ER visit this time around.Well, both Blake and Wyatt are pretty full of it these days. We have a lot of laughter around here during the day (don't kid yourselves...there's a lot of screaming, too) and Blake is starting to gain a certain wit about her. My fears of her following in her Daddy's footsteps in the humor department seem to be coming more and more true every day. So, I'll leave you with a couple of Blake stories from the past week.
The other day the kids were rough housing in the living room, and I heard Blake say, "Wyatt, you're being dickless!" "What?!" I asked. Blake repeated herself, "Wyatt, you're being dickless!" I paused and then asked, "You mean ridiculous?" Blake just laughed and said, "Oh yeah." She is blonde, you know.
At dinner the other evening Blake asked me, "Mom, why do we have to eat dinner?" "So, we can grow big and strong," I replied. Blake looked at me and said, "But you're plenty big." Touche little one, touche.



No comments:
Post a Comment