Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Boo at the Zoo 2013

I'll start this post off with a picture of Blake's Positive Behavior Certificate from school.  She absolutely LOVES kindergarten, and she is evidently very well behaved and respectful.
Daddy was out elk hunting the weekend before and the week of Halloween.  So, I took the kids out to the annual Boo at the Zoo event at Zoo Montana.  The weather was about as perfect as it could be around here this time of year, and the kids had a blast trick-or-treating throughout the zoo and seeing the animals.  Wyatt went as Michelangelo from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Blake went as Rainbow Dash, the My Little Pony Equestria Girl.
Posing for Mom
Every time we go to the zoo, Wyatt tells us that there are sharks in the water under the bridge.  This is his impression of a shark.  He usually even throws a "ROAR" in there...I guess sharks look like they could roar?!
 They kindly stopped on the nature trail for me to take a pic.
I caught a good pic of Blake sitting on the rocks by the bear exhibit.  Wyatt, in the mean time, was climbing all over the boulders and falling down hills.
The kids even stopped to enjoy a Halloween performance at the zoo amphitheater, but we didn't get to watch the whole thing - Wy was a little too antsy.
After the show, we visited the barn area.  I had both of the kids' Halloween buckets tied to either side of my back pack.  One of the draft horses thought that I had a special snack for him, so he kept coming over to us.  It was pretty neat for the kids to get to pet him.  When we got done with the barn area, Wy-Guy was done.  As we were walking out of the zoo, there was a really long line to get in.  I happened to see an old co-worker and stopped to talk.  Wyatt just laid down and started to pretend to sleep.  Well, I say pretend.  I did talk for a while.  He may have really dozed off for a bit.
When Daddy's gone, the kids seem to talk me in to all sorts of fun activities - like putting jammies on and eating nachos for dinner in their sleeping bags while watching a movie :)
Blake got to have a Halloween party at school, so we made a little pumpkin toss game and took it as a fun party activity.  The kids really seemed to enjoy it, and then we gave them those butterfly, block and superman crayons that we made over Fall Break as a prize for playing.  We also took a healthy snack of ghost bananas and pumpkin tangerines - totally got that idea off of pinterest, I'm not THAT creative.
 
I carved the pumpkins while Blake was at school because we waited until the absolute last minute to do it.  I carved Blake a Rainbow Dash pumpkin, but it did not turn out very well.  Here's Wyatt's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pumpkin, though - it turned out nice.  I lined the pumpkin with foil and put green glow sticks in to light it up.  It looked pretty cool out on the front porch at nighttime.
The kids went trick or treating in our neighborhood, and then we came back to the house to pass out candy.  Blake LOVED it!  Wyatt enjoyed it as well, but the little turd kept grabbing candy out of the trick-or-treaters' bags as Blake was putting candy in...ugh!  Here's Wy enjoying some Skittles he snagged from some poor kid.  There will definitely be more supervision the next time Wyatt is allowed to pass out candy.
Hopefully, everyone had a safe and happy Halloween!

No comments: