Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Doctors, Doctors and More Doctors

First of all, I'll apologize for waiting so long in between posts. But we don't really have much for pictures to share, anyway.  We've even had a few visits from Grandpa DeCoteau, Grandma DeCoteau and Aunt Joyce.  I have been awful about taking pictures lately, and I totally spaced getting any pics while they were here :(  Here's a cute pic of the kids getting ready to read bedtime books with Daddy.
As you may remember from previous posts, Wyatt has had a bit of a rough year.  He got to the point where he was puking at least once a week (in the middle of the night) for a little over 5 weeks, so we decided to have him tested for allergies.  His Great-Grandma DeCoteau is allergic to oranges, and Bob was when he was really young. Here's our little man enjoying his LeapPad while we wait for the results of the prick test that they did on his back.
Turns out Wyatt is not allergic to ANYTHING they tested him for, which was about 45 different foods/fruits, pollens, molds, pets...you name it.  So, that's good to know.  Wyatt breathes really loud sometimes.  The allergist had mentioned that since he's been so sick and clearly has something going on with the loud breathing (nothing major, though - lungs and everything check out fine) that it may be drainage causing his tummy to get upset at night.  The doctor gave us an inhaler that we have used on Wy for a few weeks now, and he has not puked again - THANKFULLY.  We'll probably use the inhaler for another month or so, and then see if he can go without it.

Wy-Guy picked some flowers out of the front flower bed for me :)
Ugh...what's a blog post without a few Blake and Wyatt stories?!  I caught Wyatt in his bedroom one morning with a garden hose sprayer in his pants.  He told me, "That mines hammer.  Name Pee-wix (Felix)."  Gotta love this goofy boy!
Wyatt definitely keeps me on my toes.  One morning, I woke up from a cold breeze to find that Wyatt was already up.  He had opened the sliding glass door, and he was using the dowel (that's supposed to help keep the door closed) as a sword.  He kept insisting that he was fighting a dragon.  After I disarmed the dragon slayer, I began to go about my morning routine.  Shortly thereafter, I heard Wyatt splashing in our back room - odd.  How does one make splashing noises on carpet?!  Wy chose the method of dumping out a small cooler of melted ice to jump up and down in and "pash" (splash).  Then while I was cleaning up the water, Wyatt climbed the book shelf to get Blake's stamp pads and ended up with rainbow-colored hands by the time I got to him.  Yep, some mornings are definitely better than others ;)

Another cute Wyatt story:  The Popsicles that the kids eat have little jokes on the stick that you can read when you've finished the Popsicle.  Well, Blake and Wyatt love to have me read the jokes when they're done.  One day I read Wy's joke to him, "What runs, but never walks?"  After he paused to think, his reply was an emphatic, "Wyatt!"  I was laughing so hard.  I think his answer was much better than the one on the stick - river.

Blake hiding during the scary parts of a Spider-Man movie that Daddy was watching.
 Meh...what's up, Doc?
Well speaking of docs, I went to see my GI in Billings.  She showed me my MRI and explained that I have a hepatic adenoma in the left lobe of my liver that is a little over 2 inches.  The next step would be to remove it.  So, she told me that she would refer me to the liver center of my choice.  It's a major surgery, so she suggested going somewhere where they do a lot of liver transplants because those are the places that are used to dealing with cutting on the liver and the post-operative care that goes along with it.  Thankfully, Integris Baptist in OKC (ranks pretty high in the nation for gastroenterology) has a transplant facility.  That is ideal, obviously, since we could stay with family, and Grandma & Grampy could take care of the kiddos and still be close by.  So, my GI sent a referral to a liver surgeon in OKC which included a disc with my MRI on it.  When that surgeon's nurse called me back, she asked why they didn't biopsy BOTH lesions.  HUH?!  I was only told there was one.  But evidently, there is also another smaller one in the right lobe of my liver.  So long story short, I'll likely be having the surgery done in OKC, but I will have to do some more tests with them to figure out exactly what we are going to do about these masses, or whatever the heck they are - surgery still seems the most likely scenario, though.  I'm sure between Bob, myself, Grandma, and Grampy you will most likely be updated in some way at some point.  But, this will probably be my last post until this is all said and done.  Any positive thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.  Wishing you all the best as well!

No comments: