Grandma was nice enough to come visit us during her Spring Break. The kids were super excited, as always. So, we decided to make signs and wait for her at the airport. I didn't manage to get a picture of Blake with her sign, but here's Wyatt.
The kids had all sorts of fun with Grandma here. They took walks, played in the back yard and Blake even picked lunch in Billings twice - Buffalo Wild Wings...both times :) I didn't have much of a chance to get many pictures (more on that in a bit), but here are a couple I did capture.Well, you might remember a few posts ago that I had mentioned that I'd been dealing with some sort of recurrent UTI since November. I'm not 100% sure what the heck is going on; but when I finally got my hands on all the lab results from these supposed UTI's, I noticed that only a couple actually showed bacteria in my urine (what I thought the definition of a UTI was). So, I still went in to see a urologist and he agreed that these episodes (which mainly consisted of nausea, occasional headache and some flank pain - I don't get the typical UTI symptoms even when I really do have one) were probably not all true UTI's. He still went ahead and ordered a CT of my kidneys just to check things out. Turns out the kidneys are fine, but he found a "spot" on my liver that he thought needed further investigation. So, he got ahold of my GP who ordered an abdominal ultrasound. The ultrasound results showed the spot as well, but it was inconclusive - still needed further investigation. My GP then ordered a MRI with contrast which I had scheduled for when my mom was here to help. When I called to get those results (literally minutes after having my face biopsied - don't ask...it'll just make this long story even longer), he said that we needed to do a biopsy because it did not look like a cyst or a hemangioma, which were the options we were hoping for - both benign. The other option was a tumor, which could still be benign, but also ran the risk of being cancer. My mom was nice enough to reschedule her flight home and stuck around to help out while Bob took me in to have a liver biopsy done. Good news is that it's a hepatic adenoma (benign), but the radiologist who read my MRI happened to be the same doc that did the biopsy. Before doing the biopsy he told me that he thought it was a hepatic adenoma, that it was 5 cm (close to 2 inches) and that removing it would likely be the next step. They can spontaneously rupture, and from what I've read, they run a small risk of becoming malignant. Anyway, I'll go chat with my gastroenterologist soon; and I should know the final verdict at that point. I just thought I'd give everyone an update now that we seem to have a solid answer as to what it is. Seriously, rarely a dull moment around here these days.
With Grandma here to hang out, the kids could have cared less if I was in the hospital or not - thankfully. They were thoroughly entertained and had plenty of popsicles :)
We also managed to dye some Easter eggs. The kids had a blast.
HAPPY EASTER!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment