Thursday, June 20, 2013

OK Bound & Touch-A-Truck

HELLO!!!  Yes, I am alive and doing well.  I did end up having a liver resection at Integris Baptist Medical Center in OKC and all went well.  So, now I get to play catch up with the blog.

Bob drove the kids and I down to Denver about a week and a half before my surgery, and we met my parents there.  The kids and I then drove back to Ponca with my parents, and Bob went back to Billings to continue working.  He then flew out for the surgery.  Here are some swimming pics from the hotel swimming pool.

Wy-Guy and his best friend, Grampy
 Wyatt playing on the pool steps
 Blake & Grandma goofing around
Once we got to Ponca we had a week or so to hang out before my surgery.  We were here while several tornadoes caused some major damage, but we managed to stay away from the stormy weather for the most part.  We had several nice days to enjoy some fun, outside time.  Here's Blake enjoying an outing to Pioneer Park.
My kids are absolutely fascinated with all of the wildlife at Grandma & Grampy's house.  Wyatt LOVES to pick up and then squish (sometimes with his bare hands - ewwww!) rolly pollies, snails, worms, fire flies and lady bugs.  The kids have also had a blast watching the wild turkeys (including 8 baby turkeys), deer, hawks and we even saw a raccoon the other night.  Here's Blake posing with a little snail on a leaf.
It wouldn't be a trip to Grandma & Grampy's without bubbles!  Here's Wy-Guy having some fun with the bubble machine.
We also got the chance before my surgery to go to an event at the Ponca City Library called Touch-A-Truck.  They had a bunch of large vehicles in the back parking lot of the library, and the kids got to climb up in the vehicles, honk horns and just have fun.  We stopped by City Hall before heading to the library.  I got a picture of the brick up by the fountain that has mine and my brother's names on it - kinda neat.
 Blake posing for a pic in front of City Hall
Wyatt driving the police car at the Touch-A-Truck event.  He was having a blast honking the horn and setting the sirens off.  He now likes to pretend that he's locking a key lock in front of you and will say, "Lock you in jail!"
 Grampy and the kids crammed into the bucket on a big loader they had out at the event.
 My poser, once again, this time in the ambulance.
Well needless to say, we've had a blast getting to hang out at Grandma & Grampy's (and are continuing to do so as I recover).  I have a lot more pictures and stories to share, so I'm sure I'll be updating the blog again soon.

No comments: