Thursday, August 23, 2012

Target, Wings & Birthday Girl

Well, I'm playing a little catch up here, so I'll try to hit all the important points without being too wordy...we'll see.  First up...a Wyatt story:  I took the kids to Target one day a few weeks ago, and Wyatt basically tried to tear the place down.  In my defense, he was properly seated in the shopping cart, but I swear this kid has Go-Go-Gadget arms.  Anyway Blake was looking at something, and I had turned to look at whatever she was trying to show me when I hear this loud crash.  I turn back around to find Wyatt (mouth gaping) still sitting in the shopping cart, yet the shelf of CERAMIC MUGS to his right is collapsed partially on the floor and partially on the shelf below.  Amazingly enough, only one set broke.  I offered to pay for them, but they kindly declined my offer.  Yep, I have a feeling Wyatt is going to be THAT kid...wish me luck ;)
 
Here is a sweet picture of Daddy and the kiddos.
The same day as that oh-so-memorable Target outing, I also took the kids to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch.  Here are my precious lunch dates.  GOOF BALLS!!!
Even though Wyatt may be a bit of the bull-in-a-china-shop type, he is absolutely hilarious to have around.  He is constantly dressing up, giving goofy looks, laughing and just being a loving little man.  Here's a good morning cheese from my Wy-Guy.
Speaking of Wyatt, he recently had his 18 month well baby check.  He is finally starting to slim up a little bit.  He weighed in at 28 lbs. 7 oz. (92nd percentile) which is actually 11 oz. lighter than his 15 month checkup.  His length was at 32 1/2 inches (60th percentile) up a little over 1/2 inch from 15 months, and his noggin is in the 80th percentile.

We celebrated Blake's 4th birthday earlier in the month.  She requested that she have both cupcakes and a cake.  I made the mistake of doing this for Wyatt's first birthday, so Blake totally played the you-did-it-for-Wyatt card...and so it begins :)  Here are the cupcakes...
...and the cake.  Thank goodness Blake could care less what they looked like.  I'm definitely not winning any baking contests any time soon.  She told me it was "beautiful", so that's all that matters.
The happy, little birthday girl showing off her cupcake.
Wyatt enjoying the celebration...
...and continuing to enjoy the celebration.  Wyatt learned a new word this particular week - cake.  And, boy does he love cake!  He was also recently quite excited to find out that this new word also comes in a breakfast form - pancakes...another new favorite.
the birthday girl and her stash
It's Wyatt.  What else can I say?!  He's wearing one of Blake's Cinderella necklaces and sporting a temporary tattoo of Pascal (from Tangled) on his right hand.  And evidently, he's ready to play ball.
Little Missy enjoying her new Leap Pad 2, headphones, lipsticks and purse.
Blake got birthday money too, so she decided to go to Toys R Us to spend some of it.  Bob got to witness first hand just how long it takes Blake to pick out toys :)  If you remember from last year...nothing has changed, Blake STILL has to walk through and look at everything first and then spend what seems like hours discussing exactly what she really wants and making her final decisions - gotta love her!!!

No comments: