I know we have recently updated the blog quite a bit, but it's been a busy summer. And, I'm just now getting the time to get this done. Here is a good picture of me and the kids at Aunt Kath and Uncle Mike's house. I forgot to add it to the last post. Thanks again Uncle Shawn for a great pic!
As soon as we got back from Florida, Blake had her very first soccer game. So far, she really doesn't seem too incredibly interested in the sport. Two of my favorite soccer related Blake quotes so far are "Mom, everybody else runs faster than I do" and "I just like playing soccer to get snacks."
Part of the reason we have been posting so much lately is that there is rarely a dull moment in this household...especially since Wyatt arrived in our lives. The day after we got back from our Florida trip, I was cleaning up the house. Wyatt grabbed an old broom and started pretending to help sweep. He was completely content and was out of my way, so I just let him go. I soon realized there was an open metal end on the broom. It looked like the cap had been pulled off at some point. So right about the time I went to go get the broom from Wyatt, I heard Blake rough housing with him. I no sooner got to the two of them when I saw Blake and Wyatt pushing the broom back and forth. Of course, Wyatt ended up getting the metal end right in the palm of his hand. It scraped his hand up pretty good, so the poor guy had to wear a bandage for a few days...like I said...RARELY a dull moment around here! Wyatt sporting his new bandage.I did manage to get a couple random, cute pics of the kids. Here's peek-a-boo Wy-Guy.
and little Princess Blake
Back on the rarely-a-dull-moment issue, Wyatt almost immediately mimics anything that anyone does...especially Blake. The other day Blake grabbed a cardboard tube and was riding it around like a horse with her Jessie cowgirl hat on. Later, I was doing dishes when I turned around to find this.
My crazy Wy-Guy was running around the house (much like Blake was earlier) yelling, "YEE HAW!" and riding that cardboard tube. I only had my iPhone handy and Wyatt was moving at a pretty good pace; so even though the quality of the pic is pretty bad, I'm surprised it turned out that good.
A new favorite evening activity is to get jammies on, get ready for bed and enjoy some popcorn in Mom & Dad's bed while watching a cartoon.
My children are crazy. That's all I can say.


No comments:
Post a Comment