Daddy was out hunting most of last week and over the weekend. The kids and I hung out and had fun inside because it was COLD and snowy outside. As soon as it started snowing, Blake desperately wanted to go out and play in it. Well with low temps and wind chills below zero, it just wasn't safe. We managed to have fun inside and Blake and I even had another "girls' night" which is sure to become a tradition now. With some recent changes with Bob's work, he has been travelling a little bit more again. So every once in a while when he's out of town, Blake and I will have a "girls' night". We do pretty simple things like stay up later, read books together, watch movies, eat popcorn (or Chex Mix) and she gets to sleep in bed with me. She loves to lay in bed and talk about our day and how much fun we had and how much we miss Daddy and so on and so forth. Well, it FINALLY warmed up around 30 degrees today and with the wind chills up in the mid-20's it was a perfect morning to let the kids get bundled up and go enjoy the snow. Plus, the sun hadn't melted all the snow away...but there wasn't really much left to work with. Here's Wyatt getting ready.
Blake beginning the exit of her snow angel.
the finished product
Wy-Guy enjoying a walk on the sidewalk
Miss Blake throwing a snow ball at the cameraman...yep, me!
Blake and Wyatt trying to build a snowman on their own
Wyatt eating snow.
Blake crafting the perfect snowball
Wyatt pulled out his lounge chair to, quite literally, just chill.
There really wasn't enough snow (and a lot of it was pretty powdery) to build a snowman, so we got out the beach toys and decided to build a snow castle.We were halfway through our first castle when Wyatt wrecked it. Then, Copa pounced on the second try. So, I banished the dogs and wrangled Wyatt while Blake created this...tah-dah! I did have to help her a little, but she actually did most of it on her own.
It's a good thing we played in the snow first thing this morning because it has already warmed up quite a bit and the snow is really starting to melt.
A few stories from the last few weeks:
Blake's first shot at sarcasm - Bob: "Blake, you know what you get to do tomorrow?" Blake: "What?" Bob: "You get to pick up toys." Blake (with a completely straight face): "Yeah...cuz that's fun."
Last week, Blake came up to me as I was cooking in the kitchen and she was acting really worried and asked if I could measure her. I asked her why, and she said that she was concerned that she wasn't getting any bigger. I assured her that she was growing and getting bigger. She immediately changed her tune and said, "oh good, that means I can have this big girl makeup set for Christmas, then" as she pointed to a makeup set in a magazine that is made for tweens. Yep, I'm pretty sure I got duped by a four year old.
Last Thursday, I put the kids to bed like usual and started working on some projects around the house. I could hear the kids laughing hysterically from their room, but that's not all that unusual so I let it go for a while. It lasted way longer than usual, so I peeked my head in to find Wyatt standing up in his crib. He was obviously making funny faces or doing something to make Blake laugh. As soon as he saw me, he put his finger up to his lips and says so innocently, "shhh, Bake (Blake). Seep (Sleep)." As if she was the one keeping him up...he has fondly become known as our little turd ;)
The other morning Wyatt was...well...Wyatt was being Wyatt. I hear Blake beg from the living room, "Mom, can you please give Wyatt away?!" Ahhh...the joys of children ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment