Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just a Fun Day

WHAT A GREAT DAY!!! It is just absolutely gorgeous here today! Lauren & Blake decided to head into Billings to get Blake her very first hair cut and do some shopping. They were going to hit up the zoo, but the stuffed animals at Cabela's & Scheel's sort of made up for that. The zoo would have been cheaper, though :) Here's a pic from last week. Notice Blake carrying one of the most prized possessions...the iTouch. Thanks again for the clothes, Rene!
Here's our little missy before her first hair cut today.

And, here's the after picture. It's so nice that there's a place like this around here. Blake didn't want to leave. She got to watch the Disney movie Ratatouille while she was being pampered :)

She even got a free sports bottle out of the deal. She was pretty pumped!

She also got a little certificate with a sample of hair from her first hair cut. Do people really keep these?! What is she going to want a piece of her hair for when she gets older? Just seems a little odd, but it's a nice gesture.

After the hair cut, we went to Cabela's to score on a sweet deal on life jackets...and look at all the animals. There is a big elk right as you first walk in. Blake wasn't too sure what to think about it at first but then she got this look on her face as if she had it all figured out and said, "horse". Daddy might have to work on that one with her before they go hunting...they could get into some serious trouble :) Blake also enjoyed looking at the big tank of fish and the little waterfall. We hit up Scheel's (another sports/outdoors store) before we headed home. Blake picked out a cool Nalgene water bottle (it has a sippy cup spout). And, we got her all outfitted for next winter. The really nice coats and bibs are extremely cheap this time of year, so we always try to buy ahead. What's really cool about this set is that it has this "grow with sunice" feature (sunice is the brand name). There is a "grow" stitch on the inside of each sleeve and pant leg that can be removed to add up to 2" of length...pretty neat! Here's the toddler Nalgene bottle.

She'll be stylin' next year with these bibs...

...and this matching coat.

Well as usual, hope all is well with everyone! We are so excited to have all this nice weather this week!!!

4 comments:

Terry said...

I kept snippits of all 3 of my kids. My Mom has ours. It is kind of fun as the kids get older to see how their hair color had changed. BTW: the tooth fairy let me keep all of my children's baby teeth also. I still have them in a little jewelry case. Call me crazy! Terry

Unknown said...

Scheel's is breaking ground in Springfield in a few weeks. I hear they are awesome!

Matt and Deachi said...

I have Calyn's hair in a baby book. Matt and I decided to take Max to Barney's in Ponca. Barney was so sweet I think he kept every litle curl & hair he cut off of Max's head and guess what even Barney gives 1st hair cut certificates. I didn't expect that one :)
I love Blakes new cut!

debandjr said...

Lauren face it; it is something mother's do! Your great grandma Kramer had hair from her mother in a frame. It fascinated me because it gave me a connection to someone I never knew! Crazy I know!