Saturday, October 11, 2008

Winter is here!

We (well...just Lauren) were hoping that the snow would slow down over night, but this is what the front drive looked like this morning. And, it's still snowing!

It was going to happen eventually, but it just seems like we should have had some more Fall weather instead of just jumping straight into Winter. It is supposed to warm up into the forty's and even possibly mid-fifty's over the next week and a half or so. The Oklahoma/Texas people are probably laughing at the fact that we really do consider that to be worthy of the words "It's gonna warm up later this week.". The poor kids around here always have to pick out Halloween costumes that they can fit warm weather gear under...or ones that extra layers can be easily added. It is quite entertaining for Lauren who did not really have to worry about that kind of stuff growing up. But, many say that Montana only has two seasons: Construction and Winter.

3 comments:

Matt and Deachi said...

Yuck! I am not a huge fan of winter weather. I prefer the Houston winter. I do hope sometime Calyn and Max will get to experience a good snow though. I think all kids should enjoy building a snowman at least once in their life. :)

The Bortner Family said...

Yep, I agree with Deachi. Houston weather is SO much better. I will visit the snow, but that is as close as I plan on getting!!! It's very pretty....until you have to bring out the shovels to clean it off. Hope you have a good weekend. It's warm enough here that I had to change out of my jeans into shorts for the rest of the day! Oh sorry, am I rubbing it in? Until later....

Merrick said...

Keep your snow up there! Yeesh! I bet your family can't wait to see that beautiful little baby - and you too, of course!