Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Cars" and "Wild" at 18 Months

Blake turned 18 months old on February 5th! My, how time flies?! She LOVES the Disney movie Cars. The last couple mornings she has asked for Cars before she even gets out of her crib. In fact, the other day Lauren was trying to get Blake's breakfast ready when all of a sudden she heard the movie playing. Lauren hadn't turned anything on, but Blake had somehow figured it out. So, she doesn't need Mom for that one any more either ;) Blake also has a fascination with Lauren's iPod touch. She loves to play "wild" as she calls it...Peek-a-boo Wild is the name of the game. When Lauren took her to her 18 month well baby check yesterday, Blake had to get 3 shots. We skipped 2 at the last appt. so she could get flu shots...and not have to get 5 shots all in one day, but that meant she'd have to get 3 at her 18 month appt. when they usually only have to get 1. Lauren took the iPod along for support. Sure enough, after her last poke when Mom asked, "Do you want to play wild?" Blake immediately stopped crying and said, "wild, wild, wild" until Lauren gave her the iPod. The nurse was cracking up! So, our "wild" and "car" lovin' 18 month old weighed in at 23 pounds 7 ounces (45th percentile) and is 31 3/4 inches tall (50th percentile). And, her noggin is still in the 75th percentile...big enough for all those brains ;) Well, hope all is well with everyone! We're back in the low single digit temps and STILL have snow on the ground. It's been like 50+ days with snow on the ground here...YUCK! We'll leave ya with a pic of Blake watching Cars. We've had to establish an ottoman's length away from the TV or she'll stand 3" away from the screen. And, our stupid TV randomly activates the closed captioning, so that's why there are words on the screen. ENJOY!

4 comments:

Earl Brune said...

"Cars" is my favorite movie too! I do not know the game "wild", but I bet it would be my favorite game as well.

I don't know what that says about me. What do you think?

The DeCoteau's said...

Well, Earl...I found out that one of my favorite "toys" (my iPod touch) is also that of those very young, so I'm not too sure that I have much room to talk ;) Maybe it just means that you're still young at heart.

Earl Brune said...

Lauren...you are being kind!

JessicaT said...

Wow, she's slimming out these days! I think Beckett is at 26 pounds. Hope your March visit works out!