Saturday, March 7, 2009

Such A Big Girl

We've been letting Blake play with a sippy cup. We've tried getting her to drink from it, but she doesn't quite get the sipping vs. the sucking thing.But, she loves to hold it, put it up to her mouth, and throw it around the kitchen. So, that's good enough for now. Here's our baby playing in her high chair at lunch.Lauren has started giving Blake a little bit of juice in a dixie cup to try to get her used to drinking from a cup (sipping) versus drinking from the bottle. She seems to be catching on, but of course, it is much more fun to spill the dixie cup full of juice than it is to actually succeed at getting it in the mouth. And, it's even more fun to get a mouthful of juice and talk at the same time. You can imagine how much fun that would be, right?! Here's another video of Blake. She sits up and plays with her toys quite a bit now. She doesn't tip over very often, but every once in a while...like today when she sneezed...she just gets going too far one direction and can't recover. It's too bad we didn't get it on tape.

Our poor kiddo is still having trouble pooping...we've been putting Karo syrup in about 1 bottle a day since she started formula. She is actually starting to thin out a little bit. She seemed to be growing more in weight than in height, but we're pretty sure she's gotten a little longer without much more weight gain. You sure wouldn't notice it in the video, though. Blake hadn't pooped in almost 2 days when the video was taken, so her poor little belly was just bulging. She seems to be back on track now, and the doctor is still recommending that she stay on the Karo syrup schedule until the 9 month checkup. It just seems like a lot of sugar, but I guess the doctor did get more medical school than I did ;) Hope everyone else is doing fine and staying regular :o)

3 comments:

JessicaT said...

Hey Montana gals! (and Bob). I can't wait until Beckett can sit up that well. He can almost hold himself up, but still a bit behind Blake, as he should be. Though not in the height department! I though he had gained at least 3 pounds from our last appointment two months ago, but he only gained a pound. He just feel bigger I guess. Yea, most of his clothes are 12 months now. I'm wondering when he's going to level off! If you want to try and cut the processed sugar, try an ounce or so of prune juice once a day in a bottle. That's what we do for Beckett. Once a day seems to do it for him and worked for Nattie too. It's still really sweet, but it's a natural sweetness that I don't feel so bad about giving him. Makes the poo a great pruple/black color, too! I'll call you this week once I get a minute to think to myself...could be a while...

JessicaT said...

P.S. Just so you know, our doc did recommend the prune juice, so it's medically approved too! Love you guys. Jess

Merrick said...

Sorry about the pooping woes - Corry had that too and it was sooooo sad to watch. We tried prunes, & prune juice, & high fiber foods, but nothing seemed to work. Once she got old enough we started mixing Miralax with her milk (per our peds recommendation) & that worked like a charm. But I think she had to be over a year old before we could do that.

Corry did eventually grow out of it, so hopefully Blake will too! She's precious!!!